There are many situations when you don’t have access to your laptop or PC and you want to change the router setting at that time. Well, your mobile phone will come handy. You can easily control a router with your mobile phone. For this, you should be first connected to a WiFi network and have a disrupted and strong WiFi signal.
Here are the simple steps that you can follow in order to connect your smartphone to a router.
Tips: Many users are initially connected to the wifi network but the connection is broken in the midway. If you enter the URL address in your mobile’s web browser in this situation, you will definitely get an error. So, make sure that the wifi signal is not broken.
1. Enter the URL Adress in the correct place
The URL Address of the router should be entered in the address bar of your phone’s browser. This will be normally available in the top part of the browser. Do not enter the URL in the search box.
2. Enter the URL Adress correctly
Be sure to check that the URL Adress you are entering is correct. Sometimes, the dot (.) part of the URL address is replaced by the comma (,). If you enter the URL Adress incorrectly, most browsers will show the search results for that address. So, you won’t be able to connect to the router from the search result.
(1) If you don’t know the login details of your router, you can find it in the label printed on the back side of the router as shown below;
(2) Sometimes, we are unable to connect to the router even after entering the correct URL Address. This might happen if you have modified the URL Address of the router earlier. Here is a specific method to find the login URL.
Make sure that your mobile is connected to the WIFI network. Go to your WLAN setting and click on Network info. The IP of the Gateway will be the URL Address to login to the router.
(3) If you are unable to connect to the router even after trying all the steps mentioned above, there might be a problem with the cache of your web browser. It is recommended that you clear the cache and try again. If this doesn’t work, change your browser or try with a different mobile phone or pc.
Enter the correct login details of the router
Almost most of the router will automatically redirect to the admin/login page if you enter the URL Address correctly. You have to enter the correct username and password to access the router’s settings interface here. Once you enter the login details correctly, you will be redirected to the admin interface. You can control your router and change the setting from this interface.
Tips: If you forget or don’t know the login details of the router, you won’t be able to login to the router. If this is the case, you can see the default username and password printed in the back side of the router. If you are still unable to login with the default username and password, you can reset the router. After resetting the router, you will be able to login with the default username and password.
If you face any problems while connecting your mobile phone to the router, please let us know. We will be happy to assist you.